- Respecting your privacy
iasset.com Pty Ltd (“iasset.com”) is committed to complying with privacy laws which apply to its entities in which it operates and which set out standards for the management of personal information. This policy is consistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia where iasset.com is incorporated.
This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information overseas
- What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. For example, we may need to collect information to provide you with further services, or to answer or forward any requests to internal staff to assist you with your enquiry or enquiries. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- your personal details such as your name, company, business address, telephone numbers, email address and job title or occupation;
- whether you have subscribed to any of iasset.com online information
- whether you have submitted an enquiry online or over the phone
- any other written communication with our company
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the debit or credit card or advised banking details you might use for your purchases from us.
- How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you communicate with us online, either through an online request form or subscribing to our updates
- you become a customer of iasset.com
- you request support via our customer support lines
When you visit our websites or social media pages, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”. Please see clause 9 for more details on cookies.
Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us. We may sometimes collect your personal information other than from you directly. For example from other suppliers who, in common with us, have a relationship with you.
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in secured computer systems. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
- Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information to interact with you. Examples of this include:
- Managing and administering the products and or services we provide to our customers or prospective customers
- Marketing our products and services that may be of interest to you
- Assisting in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We disclose personal information we collect for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our products and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group companies, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for iasset.com’s own purposes. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will include an unsubscribe option.
- How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
Access: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
email@example.com or by calling us on +61 1300 162 945.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Privacy Officer iasset.com Pty Ltd Level 12, 35 Clarence St SYDNEY NSW 2000
Correction: If you need to correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at one of the above contact points.
- How can you complain about our management of personal information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact our Privacy Officer at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it.
We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
Our Privacy Officer will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Our Privacy Officer will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If our Privacy Officer does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Privacy Officer will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner’s contact details.
- Our sharing of your personal information overseas
It is our policy to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination.
We may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location. We do this:
- Where we have made a business decision to store our data with a trusted service provider who is in the business of providing data storage and processing services. Examples are those who store and process our email and mobile application data. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in; and
- For disclosures between internal staff. Our main business locations are in Australia and USA, but some of our group companies may be based in other countries from time to time.
- When our business which collected your personal information is in a different country to your location;
- When our supply to you necessarily involves overseas disclosures
- Cookies and digital identifiers
- IP addresses: our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
- Marketing cookies: We use these cookies to improve our understanding of the kind of services you are interested in, to track the number of visits to a web page and to see what links you have opened.
It is important to know that you can clear cookies or digital identifies from your device and also disable future use of them by changing the security settings on your web browser. However, please note, doing this might mean that parts of our website may not work as they should.
10. More information
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au (email – firstname.lastname@example.org) (Australia).
Last updated: 23rd February 2017